Friday, May 2, 2014

Inspired Stamping - Combo of Techniques

Stamping Technique #8 - Combo of Techniques

For this stamping technique page, I did three different techniques.

The first technique is called the Tissue Technique.  I used this on the bird.  I stamped it Cotton Candy ink and then took a tissue (yup, just like the one you'd blow your nose with), and dabbed it on the stamp.  It gives the image a distressed look.  After I got the look that I wanted (I could SEE what it looked like because our stamps and blocks are clear!), I stamped the bird on White Daisy cardstock and then cut it out.

The second and third techniques used go hand-in-hand. One is the Masking Technique & the other is Spritzing.  For this one, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of paper & cut it out. I then laid it down on the 2.5" x 2.5" piece of White Daisy cardstock and used the spritz pen (filled with some Sunset ink, Pearl Paint, & water- ask me for the ratio) to spray the color on it.  I removed the scrap piece of paper and it left that part white, allowing me to stamp the sentiment in the un-spritzed spot.

Spritzing can be done like above or just spritz to distress the base cardstock or any papers.  It's super fun and easy! I recommend cleaning out the sprayer when you're done.  You can leave the mixture in the sprayer, but the ink & paint will dry and clog the sprayer.

This is one of my favorite ways to spruce up a stamped image.

Happy Stamping!!







Featured Products:
Lollydoodle Paper Pack
- Happy Thoughts Stamp Set (retired)
- A1160 This is Good Stamp Set (hostess exclusive! ask me for details)
- Cotton Candy & Juniper Stamp Pads
- Sunset Reinker 
- Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint
Spray Pen
Lagoon Zipper Ribbon
Corner Rounder Micro-Tip Scissors
- 3D foam tape & tombo adhesive



NOTE: To see all the series of Inspired Stamping posts, click on the LABEL title 3D Project on the right hand side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment