Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Inspired by Blog Challenges - Color Dare #74 & Mojo Monday #326

Challenges will be a main focus for me during 2014 - one of my favorites is the Color My Heart Color Dare weekly challenges.  I haven't had a chance to participate in a while, so I thought I'd end my vacation by going after this challenge.  For my design, I merged the Juniper & Ruby color combo with the Mojo Monday sketch.

Here is my card, inspired by these blog challenges:



I cut the circular card base, the scalloped card (polka dots) and the juniper B&T ring from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  I backed the silver geometric washi tape and backed it with white daisy cardstock to make it more sturdy and pop.  The washi tape banner, juniper base and happy birthday are all raised with 3D foam tape.  I used the CTMH alcohol markers to color in the present and the Slate stamp pad to ink the edges of the Juniper base and happy birthday tag.

This card exceeded my expectations!  It came together really nicely - hope you enjoy it and get inspired. Thanks for stopping by!!








Featured Products:

  • Sparkle & Shine Paper Pack
  • White Daisy Cardstock
  • Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
  • Holiday Tags MyAcrylix Stamp
  • Red Shimmer Trim
  • Slate and Ruby Stamp Pads
  • Juniper, Ruby & Slate Alcohol Makers
  • A Little Gift Mini MyAcrylix Stamp
  • Clear Sparkles Assortment
  • 3D Foam Tape

8 comments:

  1. Very cute card! The Red Shimmer trim really adds a nice touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layering on your card. It really makes your eyes travel the entire design. Just the right amount of bling to bring it all together! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like that. Love your use of the stamps and shimmer trim! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love all the dimension you created! Super use of that present stamp, too. I am so glad you joined us over at the Color Dare this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) It's good to get back to the challenges

      Delete