Monday, April 21, 2014

Inspired Stamping - Tone On Tone



Stamping Technique #5

For this stamping technique page, I stamped the background in the same color as the cardstock {Honey}.


This is another easy but effective technique to replicate.  Tone-on-tone gives a subtle affect without overpowering your project. 

The chicken wire from the Distressed Backgrounds stamp set is a perfect addition to this county-fair themed paper pack.  I even stamped the same pattern on the back.

For another fun affect, I added some Liquid Glass to this page.  I accented pieces of the ribbon and ticket, the letters on the the FUN banner & Best In Show title, as well as the dots on the handkerchief paper.  You can see the shine and raised look in both pictures.

Haven't used liquid glass before??  OH MY!!  This is one of my top 3 most recommended products.  
It is an AMAZING permanent adhesive (I have even fixed a statue with it!) and it can be added to any item for additional affect, like I did.  It dries clear (in about 20-30 minutes) and will pick up any color from the paper or ink under it.  It is a MUST HAVE!!

Comment and LMK which stamp set you're going to create a tone-on-tone look with and I will draw a random winner one week from the date of this post - if you win, you'll receive your very own bottle of liquid glass. :)

Happy Stamping!!





Featured Products:

Jubilee Paper Pack
Distressed Backgrounds Stamp Set
- Honey Stamp Pad
- Corner Rounder
- Liquid Glass, 3D foam tape & tombo adhesive



Want a FREE CTMH Cricut Cartridge??!
Check out my blog post on the April Awesome Promo for New Consultants.



NOTE: To see all the series of Inspired Stamping posts, click on the LABEL title MyAcrylix Stamps on the right hand side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment