Saturday, December 6, 2014

Queen of Hearts

A friend of mine asked me to make a retirement card for a co-worker.  He gave me some ideas on what she liked, but what stuck out was the theme for her going-away party...Queen of Hearts.  So I broke out my Cricut and the new Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge to come up with his beauty!

It's a 5"x7" card.  I used the two hearts from the new You're the Bomb stamp set (below on the left) featured in the Seasonal Expressions guide.  The great thing about this stamp set is that $3 of the proceeds goes to Operation Smile! The other heart and dots were from the new Doodled Designs stamp set (below on the right).



I cut the crown shape and the crown itself from Artfully Sent.  The crown is Silver Glitter Paper.  After adhere the two together, I raised it with the Thin 3D foam tape and added one of the Red Enamel Hearts.

The inside is from Artfully Sent as well.  I cut it out in Lagoon cardstock.  The Ruby cardstock is a 5x7 piece and the Congrats cuts out perfectly to fit.  NOTE: real dial size is NOT used with this cartridge. I stamped "retirement" using the alphabet stamp set from the Cricut cartridge collection in Ruby ink.



Shop now to get these products!

No comments:

Post a Comment