Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Designer Decor Flip Flap Album Meets Artbooking

I was planning on attending the CTMH Fall Album Retreat in October and there was a contest to utilize the Designer Decor Flip Stand Album.  This summer, my family and I had photos taken by my amazingly talented friend, Heather, with Heather Jean Photography, and having just gotten my hands on our pictures, I knew I wanted to create the project featuring those.  Then I'd also have something to give my parents for Christmas (that was finished WAY ahead of time for once!!)

I also challenged myself to utilize the Cricut Artbooking cartridge - I really hadn't had the opportunity to try it out yet due to my crazy busy schedule.  As far as a color combination, I went with a similar palette to the photos - Pear, Pacifica & Slate - so they were the focal point.  It turned out beautifully!!  I am very happy with it and even though I didn't with the Album Retreat Contest, my parents LOVED it.

  



layered flowers, raised with 3D foam tape & a stud from the Rosewood Mini-Melody collection
to accent the center of the flower; a sparkle flourish flowing away from the flower 

only bad thing about these pages, which are two of my favs, are that the camera
gets caught on the flower when the pages are closed - something to watch out for




you can see better the pear overlay at the top; 
added slate glitter paper and cardstock behind the photo mat to pop the accents


the base of the flip stand

Cricut Craft Room was a huge part of this project, as I had to manipulate the mini-album pages by size and also hid the holes from the side.  If you have not used Cricut Craft Room yet, it is a MUST & it's FREE to use.  Just download the program to your computer, hook up your Cricut to your computer, and go!  It's easy and also allows you access to their free images for the week.

There are ENDLESS possibilities for the Designer Decor Flip Flap Album.  I hope this project has inspired you to create your own masterpiece.  I used numerous CTMH products (exclusively) throughout; if you are interested in something specific or a specific technique I used, please email me or leave a comment below.

2 comments: