Friday, February 7, 2014

Inspirational Cards #1

One of my bucket list items / goals for 2014 was to take a class from Big Picture Classes (BPC).  If you haven't heard of them, totally check them out!  The mastermind behind BPC is Stacy Julian and she is absolutely amazing!! I have been fortunate to hear her speak at three different CTMH events and she is truly an inspiring, motivating, and fun person. She recruits talented people to teach web-based classes (scrapbooking, cards, photography & probably more!) and help people expand their own skill sets.

So with this in mind, I signed up for the Create & Share Cardmaking class with Kim Kesti.  It's a 6 week card class (2 lessons per week).  I have to admit, that life has gotten in the way & I am WAY behind on my lessons, but I will catch up!!  This is the first of a 12 post series called {Inspirational Cards}.

I wanted to share my cards with you from this class - as it has been inspiring & fun (similar to blog challenges for me) and I hope that my creations & venture with BPC inspire your crafting.

Tip: Use the pinwheel goodies on cards before!  Great dimension and texture.  A "lightbulb" moment for me.
Technique:  Use two circles to adhere, with liquid glass & glue dots, the two sides of the pinwheel goodie together.  Liquid glass the ends together to complete the circle & clamp them together until dry.

Tip: Mix and match colors - don't have to stick to paper packs; I don't do this often enough. 
Technique: Added Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape to the Lagoon cardstock to create a stripped pattern.

Tip: Simplicity is just as beautiful as a lavish card. 
Technique: Add the baker's twine to the paper before laying it down.


No matter what the inspiration is, you can always use the products you have (CTMH or not) to mirror it or give you a jumping off point for your creativity.



Featured Products for the SUPERHERO Card:

  • Superhero Paper Pack*
  • Comic Badge Buttons*
  • Holiday Tags Stamp Set
  • Black Ink
  • Artiste Cricut Cartridge:
    • pg 50 - Card Shift image (Qty 2) @ 1" (I think)
    • pg 68 - Accent 3 Shift image (1 at 1.25" and 1 at 1.5")
  • White Daisy Value Card Pack
  • 3D Foam Tape, Glue Dots, & Liquid Glass
Featured Products for the TRIANGLES Card:

  • Lagoon and Sunset cardstock
  • Jingle B&T paper*
  • Black Shimmer Trim
  • Aqua Dots
  • Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape
  • Sightseer Stamp Set
  • Perfect Fit - Birthday Stamp Set
  • Holiday Tags Stamp Set
  • Lagoon, Hollyhock, and Sunset Inks
  • Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge:
    • pg 49 - <Banner4> at 2.75" (I think) (Qty 5-diff paper)
    • pg 68 - Accent 3 Shift image (1 at 1.25" and 1 at 1.5")
  • White Daisy Value Card Pack
Featured Products for the LOVE YOU Card:

  • 4 My Friend Stamp Set*
  • Whooo's Your Valentine Stamp Set*
  • Laughing Lola Paper Pack
  • Neutral Baker's Twine (black)*
  • Black & Gypsy Ink
  • Artiste Cricut Cartridge:
    • pg 42 - Accent 1 at 3.5"
  • White Daisy Value Card Pack
  • 3D Foam Tape, Glue Dots, & Liquid Glass
*retired CTMH product
note: sizes of Circut cartridge are what I measured or noted down, but I didn't note if they used real dial size

No comments:

Post a Comment